September is Hunger Action Month, Feeding America’s awareness campaign designed to highlight the issue of hunger in America and how you can get involved to help alleviate the problem.
Hunger in America is a huge issue. Over 40 million Americans, including 13 million children, are food insecure. Hunger exists in every county America.
The good news is that, together, we can make a difference. How? Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Volunteer at a Feeding America food bank in your area or at a local food pantry. To find a food bank near you, visit http://bit.ly/FAwheretovolunteer and plug in your zip code.
- Donate food that your company manufactures, distributes, or prepares.
- Conduct a food drive. Promote it, collect the food, and bring it to your local food bank. Visit http://bit.ly/FAfooddrives for more information.
- Make a financial contribution and encourage others to do the same.
- Spread hunger awareness to your customers, colleagues, and friends through social media and email marketing. Promote the HungerActionMonth.org URL and use #HungerActionMonth in your posts!
You can also partner with vendors. For example, through Elara Brands’ One Case • One Meal program, for each case of Elara gloves, bags, and aprons you purchase, a meal is donated for a person struggling with hunger. In September and all year round!
Please visit https://www.feedingamerica.org or contact your local Feeding America food bank for more information. Together, we can make a difference!
*$1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks. Feeding America is the nation’s largest hunger relief organization, with 200 member food banks serving over 60,000 food pantries and meal programs throughout the country.